Friday, August 20, 2010

Make-up and Natural Light? Help!?

Okay, so on a daily basis, I usually just wear a bit of concealer, powder and blush on my face. I never really use foundation cause they all make me break out :( But sometimes in fluorescent or harsh lighting, my make-up ends up looking really bad! It just looks really powdery and badly applied :( Anyone have any suggestions on how to avoid this?Make-up and Natural Light? Help!?
I am a makeup artist.





One of the biggest problems with makeup is applying it one light setting, then having it look horrible in other lighting conditions.





I can tell you what I do. I apply my makeup either in front of an open window, in natural sunlight, or in a well lit bathroom. Before I finish, I go into my closet (which has really nasty florescent lighting) and look into the mirror of my makeup compact to see how it looks. Most of the time it will look a slightly odd. Florescent lighting is god awful, whether you are wearing makeup or not.





Try putting your makeup on in a florescent-lit room. If you don't have a florescent-lit room, you can buy a florescent light at Walmart or a hardware store for cheap, place it in your room above your mirror, and turn it on and off while doing your makeup to check it.





Also, what type of skin do you have? If you have dry skin, I would NOT recommend wearing powder foundation. Powder foundations can look cakey and powdery very easily, without even applying a lot. If your skin is dry to begin with, it will only look drier with powder over it. Powder also has ingredients that absorb light, leaving the skin looking dull. Liquid foundations look the most natural (in my opinion) because they reflect light like natural skin would. Opt for a tinted moisturizer instead. It will give you a hint of color to even out the skin tone, while moisturizing, and it will reflect light, leaving skin healthy and fresh looking instead of matte and powdery. If you have problems with foundation, use a primer underneath and make sure you are washing your face regularly before and after makeup.





You can also try MUFE's Face and Body foundation, which is super sheer and softens the skin. Mac makes a foundation called Mineralize Satinfinish that blends the natural light-reflecting properties of micro-minerals with a smooth satin finish. It has a light coverage, and leaves a slightly luminous glow to the skin:


http://www.maccosmetics.com/product/spp.鈥?/a>





ALWAYS get color matched by a MUA and get samples before purchasing. Try out some of the tinted moisturizers and sheer foundations instead of powder and see if they make a difference.





Hope this helps!! ;)Make-up and Natural Light? Help!?
Make sure you moisturize your face before putting on powder. After you've applied your powder, take a big fluffy brush and brush your face. It will get all the loose powder stuck to the fine hairs on your face off and it will help the powdery look go away.





I think that should solve your problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment